On November 13, 2015, the GLIDDEN paint brand unveiled the COLORTOPIA exhibit at Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort. The new colorful experience is located in INNOVENTIONS and will entertain and inspire guests about the power of color.
We visited on November 19 to snap some photos and video. It was a little busy with guests waiting to have some fun.
A visit to the highly interactive, over 3,700-square-foot Colortopia exhibit is expected to last about 30 minutes. Read more about what you can expect from this experience in details from Disney:
Colortopia Exhibit Experience
The Colortopia exhibit by Glidden paint is comprised of three zones where guests can experience color in an entertaining, interactive environment:
- “The Power of Color” in this special designed standing theater, guests will enjoy a short presentation that explores the psychology of color by immersing guests in a full spectrum of colors.
- In “The Color Lab”, guests can play Color Mix ‘n Match, an interactive game that allows guests to mix red, green and blue to create bold new colors. A second interactive station, Spinning Spectrums, teaches guests about the persistence of vision through painted spinning discs. Here guests can try to guess what color their eyes will perceive once the multi-colored discs start to spin quickly.
- In “Color Our World”, guests can play with fun color shadows while they wait to receive a magic paint brush, which they can use in the studio to bring the world around them to life with their personal color choices.
Colortopia by Glidden Paint Mobile App
The Colortopia experience extends beyond the exhibit with the Colortopia mobile app and website, allowing guests to bring a world of colorful fun into their own homes. The palette of options include:
- In-Park Mobile Interaction – guests can play an interactive color-matching game that responds to the illuminated walls of the pavilion itself, or they can save the colorful murals created in “Color Our World” to continue the fun at home.
- World Showcase Color Palette – The Colortopia app unlocks Glidden paint color palettes as guests travel around the World Showcase at Epcot. By collecting and saving the unique Glidden paint palettes inspired by each country within the World Showcase, guests can bring home color inspiration from their vacation for use in their own homes.
- Bring a World of Color Home – The app enables users to photograph and digitally paint their own home spaces and décor using unique Glidden paint color palettes inspired by each country within World Showcase at Epcot as well as 96 other Glidden
- Grab Color Inspiration From a Photo – With just a click, the app can match colors from photos from users’ mobile device camera or photo library with the closest shades from the Glidden Users can also colorize their personal photos with a range of vivid palettes.
To learn more about the Colortopia Exhibit Experience, visit experiencecolortopia.com.
To get a better view of my photos, click on the image:
Check out my video: