We were able to walk around and see some of the additions like Star Wars Launch Bay, we watched one of the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple shows, rode on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue (we had already had the opportunity to see the new addition to this ride on November 16th during a soft opening and was fun to see it again), we enjoyed seeing the First Order Stormtroopers wandering around outside of Star Wars Launch Bay and we checked out Star Wars: Path of The Jedi. We had fun, and it only gets us more excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens!! Above is the Times Guide that we received today with the new enhancements.
See my photos below and take a peek at the video too.
Click on an image to enlarge:
The Star Wars themed entertainment will includes new experiences as well as reimagined elements of popular Star Wars attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which began on Dec. 1 – just ahead of the Dec.18 movie premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. These new experiences involve the creation of Star Wars Launch Bay, a central locale for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars; Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic overview of the Star Wars saga; and cool, new enhancements for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Additional Star Wars elements enter the galaxy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting in 2016, including a fireworks show called “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular,’’ plus a Star Wars-themed dessert party.
These new experiences celebrate the Star Wars saga at Walt Disney World Resort like never before, allowing guests, as well as Star Wars fans, the opportunity to transport themselves every day to a galaxy far, far away:
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, Star Wars Launch Bay is a primary location within the park for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. In this multi-sensory space with an outdoor queue area lined with special concept artwork, guests can interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring treasured memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and play the latest Star Wars interactive video games, plus have access to special Star Wars merchandise.
- Special Character Encounters – After entering a themed atrium complete with replicas of Star Wars props, guests can journey to the dark side and encounter Star Wars characters such as Darth Vader in a 360-degree immersive area themed around the Star Destroyer, or they may choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – This setting, inspired by the unsavory “hives of scum and villainy” in the Star Wars galaxy, is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table. Holochess is a game seen in Star Wars
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests can play current and upcoming video games, including new Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this location.
- Themed Galleries – Special immersive galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery features iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as memorable ones of the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway displays large-scale replicas of Star Wars props amid scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery offers guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movie in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
- Launch Bay Cargo – A unique shopping area where guests may bring home a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi
Guests looking to relive the stories from the Star Wars saga or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, can watch an abridged, cinematic reel celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) in a theater setting near Echo Lake.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Fans of this popular attraction will experience journeys involving new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Based on the Star Wars films, Star Tours takes guests to multiple Star Wars destinations where they interact with characters from throughout the saga. With an eye-popping digital presentation leveraging Dolby 3D to deliver a vivid and realistic experience, a dramatic musical score and motion simulator-based technology, guests are immersed in the Star Wars galaxy like never before on a theme park attraction.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
This popular entertainment offering has been reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels. Younglings will be guided to the site of a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels, and discover if they have the makings of a true Jedi.
As guests enjoy the sights and attractions of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, they may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular’’
Starting Jan. 5, 2016, guests will be treated to a spectacular finish to their visit to the park involving a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga.
Guests also can experience Star Wars through their palates. Various novelty items and specialty foods inspired by a galaxy far, far away, such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream cupcake and a Han Solo Souvenir Kid’s Meal served in a Han Solo-themed bucket, are available at various locations inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will soon be able to purchase admission to a dessert party during the fireworks show featuring themed desserts, specialty drinks and a souvenir Chewbacca stein.