A new eatery in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom will feature “World Famous Jungle Cuisine.” The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen is scheduled to open on December 16, 2015, at the theme park in Walt Disney World Resort.
In information from Disney Parks Blog, guests can expect to experience bold, flavorful tastes of Asia, South America and Africa in this 222-seat table-service restaurant that is staffed with the wisecracking crew of the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. The restaurant is located near the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and you can see the menu items below. Plus, our photos show the menu that is posted at the park.
- House-made arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans, tostones and queso fresco
- Dr. Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak, a strip loin marinated in sofrito and served with yuca planks, avocado and house-made chimichurri
- Rice Noodle Bowl with an Asian pho broth with choice of chicken, duck breast or tofu served with jalapeños and mix of fresh herbs
- Trader Sam’s Head-on Shrimp, with sustainable, local, farm-raised shrimp tossed in a chili-garlic sauce and served with Chinese broccoli and choice of five-grain or white rice
- Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream – a vanilla chiffon cake with coconut and lime topped with white chocolate ganache
- Kungaloosh! This African-inspired chocolate cake is served with caramelized bananas and cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust
For the young ones in your group:
- Junior Skip’s Special Mac and Cheese is inspired by an Egyptian dish with ground beef, pasta, Béchamel Sauce and house-made cheese gratin, served with broccoli
- Amazon Annie’s House-made Arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans and queso fresco served with yuca planks
- Sizzling Savanna Grilled Flank Steak with steamed broccoli and fingerling potatoes
- Smiley’s Little Croc of Chicken Noodle Soup
- Kids Volcano!