Disclosure: We received a complimentary copy of this movie. All opinions are our own.
To start out this review of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray, I wanted to say that I was so excited to see this film. We didn’t have a chance to get to the theater to watch it there, and I was thrilled to be able to enjoy it in the comfort of my own home. I was most looking forward to the overall beauty of what I had seen in the promos. I love the costumes, the story, the music and the magic of it all. Disney did a wonderful job with the animated version of Beauty and the Beast, and I knew that that the live-action film would be spectacular – and it was!!
Most know the story of Beauty and the Beast, so I am not going to get into the details of the movie. But, I do want to talk about the the wonderful job of all involved with this amazing movie. Beauty and the Beast features an extraordinary cast that includes Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as The Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston, Kevin Kline as Maurice, Josh Gad as LeFou, Ewan McGregor as Lumière, Stanley Tucci as Maestro Cadenza, Audra McDonald as Madame de Garderobe, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, Hattie Morahan as the enchantress, Nathan Mack as Chip, Ian McKellen as Cogsworth and Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts. It was directed by Bill Condon and is based on the 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast. The screenplay was written by Stephen Chbosky and Evan Spiliotopoulos. The beautiful score was provided by Alan Menken and includes new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and Howard Ashman as well as three new songs written by Menken and Tim Rice. The film is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman, p.g.a. and Todd Lieberman, p.g.a with Jeffrey Silver, Thomas Schumacher and Don Hahn serving as executive producers.
I always enjoy the bonus features and extras that come with a Blu-ray release, and Beauty and the Beast has a good amount of additional entertainment. Take a peek below, and be sure to pick up a copy of Beauty and the Beast. It is available today (June 6, 2017)! This enchanting, timeless tale will be enjoyed by you and your family for many years to come.
- Enchanted Table Read – Join the cast for the movie’s elaborately staged table read, complete with singing and dancing to live music, set pieces and more.
- A Beauty of a Tale – Explore the process of transforming a beloved animated film into a new live-action classic.
- The Women Behind “Beauty and the Beast” – Emma Watson introduces several of the talented women in all aspects of production who helped bring this enchanted tale to life.
- Making a Moment with Celine Dion – Celine Dion shares what it’s like to sing “How Does a Moment Last Forever” – and be a part of the legacy of “Beauty and the Beast.”
- From Song to Screen: Making the Musical Sequences – See what goes into making some of the best-known moments from “Beauty and the Beast.”
- “Belle” — Filmmakers and cast reveal how it felt to shoot this memorable scene.
- “Be Our Guest” — Discover all that went into creating this epic, primarily virtual performance.
- “Gaston” — Join the cast for rehearsals and filming of this rousing, high-energy number.
- “Beauty and the Beast” — You’re invited on set for the filming of this beloved, classic scene.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction by Director Bill Condon — Director Bill Condon presents a collection of scenes that, for one reason or another, ended up on the cutting-room floor.
- Gaston Courts Belle — Pleased with himself after settling a disturbance with the townspeople, a triumphant Gaston attempts to woo Belle.
- Bread and Jam for Agathe — On her morning market rounds, Belle stops by to see Agathe, the village beggar woman.
- Storming the Ice Gates — The angry mob of villagers, led by Gaston, overwhelms the castle’s defenses.
- Lumière Torches LeFou — As the fight rages around them, LeFou scuffles with Plumette … until he experiences a sudden, extremely heated interruption.
- Monsieur Toilette — LeFou escapes from the brawl into a small room, where he’s startled by a castle resident.
- Cogsworth Rescues Lumière — When Clothilde the fishmonger threatens Lumière, Cogsworth leaps into the fray.
- Treacle the Lasses — Three village lasses chase Chip and Froufrou – Madame Garderobe’s dog-turned-footstool – into the kitchen, where a surprise awaits.
- LeFou and Monsieur Toilette Reunite — After the spell is broken and the castle residents are returned to human form, LeFou and his new acquaintance meet again.
- Extended Song: “Days in the Sun” – Learn more about Beast’s childhood in an alternate version of this beautiful song, introduced by director Bill Condon.
- “Beauty and the Beast” Music Video – Award-winning artists Ariana Grande and John Legend perform a moving version of this iconic song.
- Making the Music Video – Go on set to capture the magic as it happens in Ariana Grande and John Legend’s “Beauty and the Beast” music video.
- Disney Song Selection – Jump directly to all your favorite songs and sing along with the movie.
- “How Does a Moment Last Forever” (Music Box)
- “Belle” (Reprise)
- “Be Our Guest”
- “Days in the Sun”
- “Something There”
- “How Does a Moment Last Forever” (Montmartre)
- “Beauty and the Beast”
- “The Mob Sing”
- “Beauty and the Beast” (Finale)
- “Beauty and the Beast” Music Video
Check out these videos below:
Beauty and the Beast | The Dress