Disclosure: We received a complimentary copy of this DVD. All opinions are our own.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is a successor to the very popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which ran for over 10 years on Disney Junior. Like it’s predecessor, it’s a computer animated series that was developed specifically for television by Disney. Mickey and the Roadster Racers made it’s debut in early 2017, and has received glowing reviews. The show is centered around the races of the Sensational Six — Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto. One of the things I really like about Mickey and the Roadster Racers is that each day there are actually two separate stories instead of one longer one. That’s really great when the little ones have such short attention spans!
Let’s take a look at each of the episodes:
- Agent Double-O-Goof: This episode stars Goofy, and as things usually do when Goofy is involved, things quickly get turned upside down when he is mistaken for a secret agent. He’s even in charge of delivering a case to the Queen!
- It’s Wiki Wiki Time: Donald is trying to get away for a vacation in Hawaii, but the Roadster Racers arrive for a big relay race.
- Ye Olde Royal Heist: Mickey and Minnie are in London and it’s their “raceversary,” but Mickey has accidentally forgotten to get Minnie a gift!
- Abra-ka-Goof!: Goofy strikes again, or at least he thinks he did! He believes that he is magic and turned Gordon Gear into a rabbit.
- Guru Goofy: Donald needs to calm down before the races, and it’s Goofy that steps up to the plate and tries to teach Donald how to accomplish this. If you can imagine trying to teach Donald to calm down — Goofy definitely has his hands full!
- Going Upppppppppp!: The first annual Hot Dog Hills Hot Air Balloon race occurs with Mickey and the gang competing.
- Goof Luck Charm (a Bonus Episode): Daisy thinks that Goofy is having good luck because of his good luck charm, a rubber ducky. She tries to use it to help to win a race.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Start Your Engines DVD Details
Voice Cast: Bret Iwan as Mickey Mouse; Russi Taylor as Minnie Mouse; Bill Farmer as Goofy/Pluto; Daniel Ross as Donald Duck; and Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck.
Executive Producer: Rob LaDuca
Co-Executive Producer and Supervising Story Editor: Mark Seidenberg
It’s Wiki Wiki Time
Ye Olde Royal Heist
Goof Luck Charm
The Haunted Hot Rod
Release Date: August 15, 2017
Ratings: TV-Y (US); G (CE/CF)
Total Run Time: Approximately 88 minutes (including bonus episodes)
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen (Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions)
Audio: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages: English, French & Spanish
Subtitles: English SDH, French & Spanish