D23’s Official Magazine, Disney twenty-three’s Fall issue will be delivered to D23 Gold Members in August 2013. The issue has a variety of cool features, but there are a couple we wanted to highlight in particular. For starters, there is an article about Walt Disney called, “Every Picture Tells a Story,” which showcases newly discovered photos Walt shot with his personal camera. The photos should be a unique way for fans to see Disney’s world through Walt’s eyes. The cover, and corresponding story, are about “Frozen”, Disney’s 53rd animated film which will be making its way to theaters in November 2013.
Don’t forget that Disney twenty-three is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a membership benefit so you won’t find it in stores, online or in any digital formats.
You can find completed details about the Fall issue from the press release below:
BURBANK, Calif. – July 19, 2013 – Disney twenty-three—the flagship magazine of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club—ushers in winter early, celebrating Disney’s new animated film Frozen. The cover story features exclusive interviews with the film’s cool voice actors Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, as well as a visit with the filmmakers as they bring Frozen’s wintery wonderland to life in Disney’s 53rd animated feature, coming to theaters this November.
Walt Disney lives on in “Every Picture Tells a Story,” an article showcasing newly discovered photos Walt shot with his personal camera. The photos provide a unique opportunity for fans to see Disney’s world through Walt’s eyes. D23 Members will also get a special treat as formerInternational Ambassador for Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney Legend Marty Sklar welcomes readers inside his home to discuss the fascinating new book about his career shaping timeless Disney icons: Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney’s Magic Kingdoms.
Disney twenty-three’s Fall issue also offers a look at Disney parks around the world. Readers journey across the Pacific Ocean to Tokyo Disneyland to celebrate its joyful 30th anniversary in “Happiness in the Park,” and head to Hong Kong Disneyland’s Mystic Manor to explore one of Walt Disney Imagineering’s most multifaceted and exhilarating attractions yet.
Also included in the Fall issue of Disney twenty-three:
· America’s Mouseketeer sweetheart Annette Funicello is remembered in “Forever Annette”
· A glimpse at Mickey’s latest cartoon escapades
· On its 25th anniversary, we take look at how the instant Disney classic, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, spectacularly combined animation and realism
· PHOTOfiles: See the picture often referred to as the “best photo ever taken” of Walt
· “D Society”: Tailgate at the Monsters University world premiere; see Jerry Bruckheimer accept his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame; and head to Burbank to tour the Disney Studio Lot with D23 Members
The Disney magic continues at www.D23.com, which will feature unique and member-exclusive stories that amplify the contents of D23’s glossy magazine. D23 Web Extras, online August 9, will complement the Fall issue of Disney twenty-three:
· Interviews with Dane Cook and Teri Hatcher, the voices of Dusty Crophopper and Dottie in the upcoming animated feature Disney’s Planes
· An expanded photo gallery of the gorgeous artwork from Frozen
· A video interview with Disney Legend Marty Sklar, taken when D23 visited his home
Also in the Fall issue, members will receive one of two exclusive magnets designed by artist Kevin Kidney. These high-spirited, retro-style magnets pay homage to the Haunted Mansion’s Hatbox Ghost and Tinker Bell, during this trick-or-treat time of year.
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership.