Starting today (July 25, 2013), Club Penguin Island will be transported to a galaxy far, far away in the all-new Star Wars™ Takeover Event. The event will allow you to train to become a Jedi Master, thwart Darth Herbert and destroy the Death Star, and you get the added bonus of some pretty cool costumes inspired by their favorite Star Wars characters like C-3PO, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia and Darth Vader while doing it. This takeover event is scheduled to last three weeks, and along with the most penguin costumes ever, there are three new mini games. Chris Heatherly, Vice President and General Manager, Disney Interactive Worlds said, “This is the biggest takeover in Club Penguin history with an epic size and scope!”
Once you and enough other players have joined the Rebel Alliance, you get to travel to the Death Star and search for Darth Herbert’s secret plans. If you are lucky enough to find the plans, you must then fight TIE fighters in an all-new X-wing themed mini-game to try and destroy the Death Star once and for all. If the Death Star is destroyed, you will collect the Rebellion’s highest honor, an exclusive, out-of-this-world, award medal.
During the Star Wars Takeover Event on Club Penguin Island:
- Members can acquire a galaxy of Star Wars inspired styles, including a C-3PO mask, Chewbacca mask, Luke Skywalker costume, Han Solo costume and Princess Leia hair.
- Members who are training to become a Jedi Master can collect exclusive Jedi robes and cloaks, multi-colored Lightsabers, an Obi-Wan Kenobi cloak and beard, Darth Vader helmet and costume and more!
- Members can nab an exclusive costume only in the My Penguin app starting on July 25.
- Everyone can blast Stormtroopers, navigate puzzles and pilot X-wing fighters in the three all-new Star Wars mini-games.
- Members can rule the galaxy from the comfort of their very own space station igloo, and decorate their new homes with items like the Emperor’s Chair, Radar Screen, Tatooine House, Droid Cleaning Station, Death Star Archway and more.
- Princess Cadence, and Obi-Wan Sensei guide players through the event to thwart Darth Herbert, who will zoom in for visits and convince players to come to the dark side.
What are you waiting for? With all of those cool features, it sounds like a great time to try out Club Penguin.
More Star Wars™ Takeover Images Below
Star Wars™ Takeover Image 1/10