Disney Interactive has launched a new game, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War.” It’s an online multiplayer Facebook game experience where you can try your hand in real-time naval combat against other players and AI pirates. In doing so, you are trying to build your reputation as the greatest pirate of all-time. In the game, you will be joined by “Pirates” movie favorites Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, and Hector Barbossa.
How you play is totally up to you. You can go the combat route, and such victories will bring great spoils. However, if you are defeated, you will need to return to base to repair your fleet. It’s worth a mention that your ship will never truly be destroyed. As you go forward, you will build ever stronger bases and fleets, and in doing so, you will unlock access to more powerful enemies that provide greater rewards. You can also build your fortune by trade, but something tells me that most will opt for plundering.
Our favorite game features:
- Five-on-five, real-time naval combat action (see screenshot above).
- Open world navigation with a wide variety of allies and enemies.
- Upgrade your fleet and base for better ships, more types of officers and stronger defenses.
- Gain resources by plundering enemies and trading with neutral areas or other players.
- Build alliances with other players or compete in massive player vs. player battles.