“Doc McStuffins” is one of the great children’s animated shows currently airing on Disney Junior. As this DVD contains episodes from the series, we’ll concentrate much of our time on the show itself. The series is about a six year-old girl named Dottie McStuffins who decides that she would like to be a doctor, just like her mom. She pretends to be a doctor by fixing toys and dolls, and when she puts on her “magic” stethoscope, the stuffed animals dolls and toys come to life. Because she fixes up the toys, everyone calls her “Doc.” She can communicate with the toys and helps them with her favorite book,”The Big Book of Boo Boos.” Doc has a backyard playhouse clinic where she helps all of the toys and even has a few assistants that aid her:
- Lambie (voiced by Lara Jill Miller): Lambie is a stuffed lamb who is one of Doc’s best friends and is a dancer.
- Stuffy (voiced by Robbie Rist): Stuffy is a blue dragon who is always trying to be brave, but is not always successful with it. We think that he resembles Figment, one of our favorite characters at the Walt Disney World’s EPCOT Attraction called Journey Into Imagination.
- Chilly (voiced by Jess Harnell): Chilly is a stuffed snowman who worries much of the time.
- Hallie (voiced by Loretta Devine): Hallie is a stuffed hippo and is Doc’s nurse. She has what she calls a “Hippo Hunch” when helping Doc.
- Squeakers: Squeakers is a squeaky toy that looks a bit like a blowfish.
- Doc McStuffins Goes McMobile / Chip Off the Ol’ Box
- Doc to The Rescue / Don’t Knock the Noggin
- Out of The Box / Run Down Race Car
- Rescue Rhonda, Ready For Takeoff / All Washed Up
- Rest Your Rotors, Rhonda! / Keep on Truckin’
I can’t say enough good things about the series in general and the DVD has excellent value with 2 hours of runtime. It does not have any extras or bonus features on the DVD, but it comes with a free reusable tote bag. The episodes are all excellent choices and always include tips on staying healthy, and are very family friendly.
Creator/ Executive Producer: Chris Nee
Street Date: March 18, 2014
Direct Pre-book: January 21, 2014
Distributor Pre-book: February 4, 2014
Run Time: 120 minutes
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen (Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions)
Sound: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages/Subtitles: English, French & Spanish
[amazon_enhanced asin=”B00HDF6ZWM” container=”” container_class=”” price=”All” background_color=”FFFFFF” link_color=”000000″ text_color=”0000FF” /]
Disclosure: We received a complimentary copy of this movie. All opinions are our own.