Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive have announced the relaunch of StarWars.com. The site was already popular with fans around the world, but with the next generation of movies, video games and TV shows that are now in various stages, it only seems fitting that there is a new and completely redesigned home.
The new site looks great on both mobile and desktop platforms (see image above), and promises to be the “first source” of breaking news. Some of the highlights of the new site include:
- Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
- Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
- The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices.
- Details about upcoming fan events
- Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
- New, simple navigation and design
- Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio