As you probably already know, we love Disney Infinity, and today we’re excited to announce that Disney Interactive has officially brought the Disney Infinity 2.0 experience to iOS mobile devices with the Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 mobile app for iPhone and iPad. The iOS app offers an extension to the current console based gameplay of our favorite game, Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes. We’re obviously not the only people excited about the mobile aspect of the game and as John Blackburn, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Infinity has pointed out that, “Disney Infinity’s mobile players have been some of our most engaged in our community, with iPad users downloading and uploading more Toy Boxes than all other platforms combined over the past year.”
Following is a list of some of the new iOS app features:
- Toy Box 2.0 anywhere – Ability to transfer creations cross-platform for further editing and play
- Bring on the Super Heroes – Marvel Super Heroes come to Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 with some of Marvel’s most memorable characters from The Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy universes.
- Optimized for Metal – Full Metal optimization provides higher quality graphics and gameplay performance to near-console quality on compatible iOS devices.
- Multiplayer functionality – Players can now build and play simultaneously in a Toy Box on their mobile devices online with Wi-Fi connection.
- Toy Box Games – Gamers can now play the included, fast-paced Toy Box Games or even create their own games to share with friends.
- New features in Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 – New tools that make it easier to create and customize worlds and games, daily challenges, and the ability to customize INteriors