As you know from checking my Twitter and Facebook, we are HUGE sports fans! So, when the NBC Sports Grill & Brew was announced, we were thrilled to hear about it and looked forward to checking it out! The restaurant is now ready for customers, and on Thursday (October 22, 2015), NBC Sports commentators Bob Costas, Cris Collinsworth, Hines Ward (one of our favorite Steelers players!) and Michele Tafoya attended the grand opening celebration of the first-ever NBC Sports Grill & Brew at Universal CityWalk. Awesome! Other top sports figures that were on hand are listed below. The NBC Sunday Night Football travel team walked the red carpet outside of the restaurant and also led attendees in a commemorative toast to mark the official opening of this restaurant.
Joining the 4 mentioned above were:
· Paul Burmeister, Co-Host, Pro Football Talk; Reporter, Football Night in America
· Mike Florio, NFL Insider, Football Night in America; Host, Pro Football Talk
· Doug Flutie, Game Analyst, Notre Dame
· Rodney Harrison, Analyst, Football Night in America & Pro Football Talk
· Keith Jones, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
· Rebecca Lowe, Host, Premier League on NBC
· Liam McHugh, Host, NHL on NBC, Notre Dame football & PBC
· Mike Milbury, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
· Jeremy Roenick, Studio Analyst, NHL on NBC
· Charlie Rymer, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
· Steve Sands, Reporter, Golf Channel on NBC
· Kathryn Tappen, Reporter, Notre Dame football & FNIA; Host, NHL on NBC
· Lauren Thompson, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
· Gary Williams, Co-host, Golf Channel’s Morning Drive
More details on the NBC Sports Grill & Brew:
This sports dining experience combines the sophistication of a VIP sports suite with the excitement and adrenaline of the game. It was designed to reflect the excellence of NBC Sports’ award-winning coverage.
· A more-than-120-foot-wide HD stadium screen that towers over the entrance of the restaurant and plays some of the greatest moments in NBC Sports history
· Nearly 100 HD TV screens, so everyone can enjoy the best in live and in-depth sports coverage no matter where they sit
· An expansive menu featuring more than 75 items, including everything from the best in game day food like the “Grand Slam” burger and fire grilled chicken wings to filet mignon, grilled shrimp skewers, fresh salads and even a seven-layer “Big Banana Cake”
· Open-fire grills in the heart of the restaurant, so everyone can watch the chefs in action
· More than 100 unique beer selections, ranging from craft beers to regional brews to 862 Orlando – an exclusive draft you can only find at NBC Sports Grill & Brew
NBC Sports Grill & Brew joins a great selection of restaurants at CityWalk with The Cowfish, VIVO Italian Kitchen, Emeril’s Restaurant Orlando, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food and Rising Star. This two-tiered, 30-acre complex is a great place to dine and shop!
You will find NBC Sports Grill & Brew located right outside the entrance of Universal Studios Florida, and check out more information about Universal CityWalk by visiting here: https://www.universalorlando.com.