Did you hear about the new ride coming to Universal Orlando Resort? Well, it is arriving in 2017 at Universal Studios Florida and the ride experience involves star Jimmy Fallon, who is host of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” It is based on a popular segment of his NBC show. Sounds pretty cool!
Read more in this press release from Universal Orlando Resort:
JIMMY FALLON TO GET HIS OWN RIDE AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
Inspired by the Popular “Tonight Show” Segment, “Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon” will Pit Guests Against Jimmy in a Wild Race Through One of the World’s Greatest Cities
The host of America’s No. 1 late-night talk show will soon get his very own theme park attraction at Universal Orlando Resort.
In 2017, Jimmy Fallon – host of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and one of today’s funniest comedians – will be the star of a brand-new hilarious ride experience at Universal Studios Florida called, “Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.” Guests will enjoy the full “Tonight Show” experience as they’re transported to Studio 6B to race against Jimmy in a crazy adventure that only he could imagine.
Jimmy and his creative team are working closely with Universal to develop the ride’s storyline and bring his vision to life. The experience will seamlessly blend the playful and irreverent world of “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” with the incredible technology and imaginative storytelling for which Universal Orlando is known.
The adventure will begin as guests step right into Studio 6B, where Jimmy will challenge them and their fellow audience members to a white-knuckle race. Guests will twist, turn and laugh as they speed through the streets – and skies – of The Big Apple – encountering everything from iconic landmarks to the deepest subway tunnels – and anything else that comes to Jimmy’s mind.
Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon will open in 2017 at Universal Studios Florida and join the incredible lineup of experiences at Universal Orlando Resort. It will replace Twister…Ride It Out, which will close on November 2 to make way for the new experience.
More details will be released in the future. Stay tuned to universalorlando.com for updates.
Watch as Jimmy announced the ride on his show:
In Spring 2017, fans will be immersed in the world of America’s No. 1 late-night talk show “The Tonight Show” in a brand-new attraction – “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.” Today, Universal Orlando Resort reveals new details about the ride – where guests will get up close and personal with the show’s most hilarious segments before taking off on a wild and action-packed race through New York against Jimmy Fallon himself.
The attraction will also feature cameos by familiar faces like Sara from “Ew,” Jimmy in “Tight Pants,” “Tonight Show” announcer Steve Higgins, and Grammy award-winning band, The Roots, who are also the musical masterminds behind the original attraction score.
Here are some additional, never-before-revealed details:
HANG OUT IN STUDIO 6B
- Guests can enjoy a special live performance from the Ragtime Gals barbershop quartet in the Studio 6B Club. Plus, guests will have the chance to meet and interact with The Tonight Show’s beloved mascot, Hashtag the Panda.
- Studio 6B Club will also give guests the opportunity to play host at their own Interactive Desk where they can send Jimmy Fallon’s famous Thank You Notes to their friends and family, prep for their race with a ‘Jimmy Drive’ retro-style video game, and watch their favorite show clips.
GET READY FOR A CRAZY RIDE
- Guests will board the world’s first-ever flying theater, which seats up to 72 audience members, for their thrilling race against Jimmy Fallon.
- The race will take guests through the streets of New York City and all the way to the moon and back. They’ll encounter iconic landmarks from the Statue of Liberty to the Empire State Building to everything in between.
EXPLORE THE HISTORY OF THE TONIGHT SHOW
- As they step foot into the renowned NBC Studios, guests will get an up-close look at significant moments in the 62-year history of one of television’s most popular franchises, “The Tonight Show.”
- In The Tonight Show lobby, guests get VIP access to NBC Studios. They’ll get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see real props and set pieces from one of the longest-running shows in television history – everything from actual suits of past and present hosts to NBC video cameras used to record the show to cue cards used in past episodes.
Photo credit: Universal