Doc McStuffins is one our favorite children’s animated series on Disney Junior. We’ve written about it on a number of occasions, and today, a new DVD has released that contains episodes from the series. Also, you might me interested in entering our contest for a copy of this DVD! If you haven’t seen the series, it’s about a six year-old girl named Dottie McStuffins. Dottie’s mom is a doctor, and she decides that she would like to be a doctor, just like her. Dottie becomes a doctor by using her imagination and fixing toys and dolls. She has a “magic” stethoscope that she wears, and once she puts it on, the stuffed animals, dolls and toys all come to life. Because she fixes the toys, they refer to her as “Doc.” Dottie’s favorite book is called “The Big Book of Boo Boos” and she uses it to help repair the toys. She even has an “office,” a backyard playhouse clinic. Dottie’s not alone in her adventures, as she has a couple of assistants that aid her:
- Lambie (voiced by Lara Jill Miller): A stuffed lamb, Lambie happens to be Doc’s best friends and a dancer.
- Stuffy (voiced by Robbie Rist): A blue dragon (we’ve mentioned it before, but he kinda looks like Figment, if you have ever seen the attraction at Walt Disney World’s Epcot). He tries to be brave, but most of the time is not!
- Chilly (voiced by Jess Harnell): A very worrisome snowman.
- Hallie (voiced by Loretta Devine): Doc’s nurse. She has what she refers to as a “Hippo Hunch” when she’s helping Doc figure out a problem.
- Squeakers: A squeaky toy that looks like a bit like a fish.
- “Fetchin Findo/Twin Tweaks”
- “Three Goats A Cuddlin’/Swimmer’s Belly”
- “A Dragon’s Best Friend”
- “Stuffy & Squibbles/Queen Of Thrones”
- “Take Your Pet To The Vet/Master And Commander”
This is an amazing series and one that I’m sure the younger children in your family will love. The DVD has an excellent value, as it has approximately 2 hours of run-time. Each of the 5 episodes on the DVD are split into two stories, so it’s nice that you can have smaller periods of watching if you’d like. Like other Disney Junior DVD’s, this one doesn’t have any Bonus Features, but instead comes with a real-world product. This one happens to have a free pet collar. The episodes are all great and always include tips on being healthy. The series is very family friendly, and the DVD offers English, French & Spanish audio and have subtitles for all three as well.
Synopsis: Doc McStuffins opens a new veterinary practice in her backyard clinic where she treats stuffed animals and toys in “Doc McStuffins: Pet Vet.” Including 5 themed episodes of the Peabody Award-winning animated series “Doc McStuffins,” each highlighting lessons about care and responsibility for pets, the DVD also comes with a FREE exclusive pet collar. “Doc McStuffins: Pet Vet” is a must own for any little one! Bring it home on Tuesday, November 3rd.
Cast: Kiara Muhammad and Laya DeLeon Hayes as Doc McStuffins; Loretta Devine as Hallie; Lara Jill Miller as Lambie; Robbie Rist as Stuffy; Jess Harnell as Chilly; Jaden Betts as Donny McStuffins; Kimberly Brooks as Mom McStuffins; Gary Anthony Williams as Dad McStuffins.
Executive Producer: Chris Nee
Release Date: November 3, 2015 (Direct Prebook: 9/8; Distributor Prebook: 9/22)
Release Format: DVD
Feature Run Time: 120 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen (Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions)
Audio: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages: English, French & Spanish
Subtitles: English SDH, French & Spanish
Disclosure: We received a copy of this movie for review purposes. All opinions are our own.